Fiji Millennium Development Goals Based Planning
The purpose of this project is twofold (i) review Fiji's MDG Reporting process; and (ii) use the findings from the review to improve the next round of reporting through improved process, contents, quality and utility of Fiji's National MDG Report 2009. The second National MDG Report will allow Fiji to review its progress to date and what it needs from 2010 onwards to achieve its 2015 MDG targets. The project will also assist the Government of Fiji with the formulation of a National Human Resource Development Plan to identity the required Human Recourses for the achievement of the MDGs with appropriate recommendations to develop and train available human resources according to the labor market demand.
What have we Accomplished so far
- Reviewed Fiji’s MDGs reporting process, lessons learned and improvements documented in the form of a report and training materials for new MDGs reporting process.
- Produced Fiji’s second National MDG Report in 2009.
- Conducted MDGs advocacy and raise awareness on what policies and programmes the Government and development partners are implementing in Fiji.
- Finalised the Fijiinfo database.
- Produced an MDGs documentary, highlighting the findings of Fiji’s second National MDGs Report. The documentary features stories from local communities and how the MDGs has impacted their lives.
- A training of Pacific journalists was held in 2010 to identify and report on the human face of the MDG achievements.
- Conduct Post-2015 development agenda dialogue.
- Draft the National Human Resources Development Plan.
Who Finances it
UNDP and Australian Aid
Total Budget: US$210,053
Project Delivery (US$)
- Project ID.
- Project Start Date
- Estimated End Date
- Geographic Coverage
- Focus Area
- Poverty Reduction
- Project Officer
- Patrick Tuimaleali'ifano
- Ministry of National Planning