Tuvalu Trade Capacity Development and Institutional Strengthening
The main objective of the Tuvalu EIR Tier 1 project is to strengthen the capacity of institutions and stakeholders to formulate and implement trade policies that support poverty reduction, inclusive economic growth and equitable sustainable development. The project aims to support the operations and activities of the Department of trade at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade, Tourism, Environment and Labour as lead agency responsible for the formulation and implementation of trade policy in Tuvalu aligned to national development objectives. The project will also help improve donor coordination, and Aid for Delivery in line with the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness.
What are the project’s goals?
- Capacity development of the Department of Trade, National Trade Steering Committee (NTSC) and broader national stakeholders including the private sector and civil society, for trade policy formulation, implementation and assessment, strengthened.
- Capacity of the Department of Trade and the NTSC to mainstream trade in Tuvalu’s national and sector policies, plans and budgets, drawing on priority recommendations in the Diagnostic Trade Integrated Study Action Matrix, enhanced.
- Dialogue with development partners on Aid for Trade enhanced, in line with the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness with trade related technical assistance increased.
- Programme management, monitoring and evaluation are carried out effectively.
Who Finances it
Total Budget: US$1,145,000
- Project ID.
- Project Start Date
- Estimated End Date
- Geographic Coverage
- Focus Area
- Poverty Reduction
- Project Officer
- Ruth Verevukivuki
- Government of Tuvalu, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade, Tourism, Environment and Labour